Accessories | Rebar
At Parker Block, we only carry Grade 60 Domestic Rebar purchased in 20 foot lengths, in sizes #3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. We can also, upon request, cut rebar from sizes #3 to #6.
"Imperial" bar designations represent the bar diameter in fractions of an inch, such that #8 = 8/8 inch = 1 inch diameter.
Area = Ebar9sizeF | Example: #8 = (8/9)2 = [(.79in)]2
This applies to #8 bars and smaller. Larger bars have a slightly larger diameter than the one computed using this conversion.
|Imperial Bar Size||"Soft" Metric Size||Weight per unit length (lb/ft)||Mass per unit length (kg/m)||Nominal Diameter (in)||Nominal Diameter (mm)||Nominal Area (in2)||Nominal Area (mm2)|
|#3||#10||0.376||0.561||0.375 = 3/8"||9.525||0.11||71|
|#4||#13||0.668||0.996||0.500 = 1/2||12.7||0.20||129|
|#5||#16||1.043||1.556||0.625 = 5/8"||15.875||0.31||200|
|#6||#19||1.502||2.24||0.750 = 3/4||19.05||0.44||284|
|#7||#22||2.044||3.049||0.875 = 7/8"||22.225||0.60||387|
|#8||#25||2.670||3.982||1.000 = 8/8||25.4||0.79||509|
Rebar is available in different grades and specifications that vary in yield strength ultimate tensile strength, chemical composition and percentage of elongation.
The grade designation is equal to the minimum yield strength of the bar in ksi (1000 psi) for example grade 60 rebar has minimum yield strength of 60 ksi. Rebar is typically manufactured in grades 40, 60, and 75. Parker Block stock grade 60 exclusively.
Common ASTM specifications are:
- ASTM A82: Specification for Plain Steel Wire for Concrete Reinforcement
- ASTM A496: Specification for Deformed Steel Wire for Concrete Reinforcement
- ASTM A497: Specification for Welded Deformed Steel Wire Fabric for Concrete Reinforcement
- ASTM A615/A615M: Deformed and plain carbon-steel bars for concrete reinforcement
- ASTM A706/A706M: Low-alloy steel deformed and plain bars for concrete reinforcement